OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 is rolling out to OnePlus 7 and 7 Professional house owners. Some of the necessary points on the changelog is a repair for the DRM bug that dropped each telephones to Widevine L3, limiting them to streaming SD video.
Some customers report that their telephones went as much as Widevine L1 (permitting them to stream excessive definition video) instantly after the replace. Others weren’t so fortunate and their units have been nonetheless exhibiting L3.
A number of customers have reported that they efficiently resolved the problem by clearing the cache for the Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and different streaming apps that they use. You possibly can strive the DRM Information app to verify the Widevine stage in your cellphone. Notice that some customers additionally report having to change the display coloration calibration to “Pure” and toggling Darkish mode too (some say on, others say off). There isn’t a official information what to do if L1 is not restored after the replace.
This replace additionally reduces energy consumption and will enhance the thermal management of the cellphone. It additionally fixes a bug within the digital camera and the file supervisor, the total changelog is under. The safety patch has additionally been up to date, although solely to June 2021.
- Decreased energy consumption
- Improved overheating management administration
- Mounted the problem of not with the ability to play high-definition movies on some video platforms
- Upgraded Android Safety Patch to 2021.06
- File Supervisor
- Mounted the crash concern of the appliance
- Digital camera
- Mounted the problem that the digital camera is blurred when capturing on fullscreen dimension
- Improved the soundness
- Optimized the dialpad UI show impact
And listed here are the firmware variations to lookout for:
OnePlus 7 Professional: